By downloading the free Touch Surgery mobile application, surgeons will now have access to the VERASENSE sensor-assisted technology for total knee arthroplasty (TKA) training modules platform.
Virtual surgery simulations, along with text modules, explain VERASENSE™ surgical techniques and answer common questions.*
The video modules include:
- 3 General Pre-Learning Phases
- 3 Varus Scenarios
- 3 Valgus Scenarios
- 3 Gap Imbalance Scenarios
ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED VERASENSE™ QUESTIONS
In addition to an introduction to knee soft tissue balancing and sensor-assisted TKA, the training modules answer questions that orthopaedic surgeons commonly ask, including:
- What unique information can VERASENSE provide during TKA?
- What is the definition of balance in TKA?
- What best practice surgical techniques should I know before using VERASENSE for the first time?
- What anatomical structures do VERASENSE Key Opinion Leaders commonly consider when planning soft tissue adjustments to achieve TKA balance?
- What do I do with VERASENSE balance data once it is captured through the range of motion?
VERASENSE TRAINING MODULES: SURGEON EXPERIENCE
ACCESS TO VERASENSE™ TRAINING MODULES*
The Touch Surgery Application is available for download from the iTunes App Store and Google Play and may be utilized by iPhone, iPad and Android users.
– Using your mobile phone or tablet, download the free Touch Surgery app by clicking on the appropriate link at left.
– Open the downloaded app on your phone and follow the prompts to register for a free Touch Surgery account.
– Once in the app, click on the “Procedures” tab and search for “VERASENSE.”
– Click on the OrthoSensor® or VERASENSE™ Module from the search results.
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT VERASENSE?
QUESTIONS FOR SURGEON USERS
Questions regarding the surgical training modules or VERASENSE surgical techniques may be submitted through the form below. Your questions will be answered by current VERASENSE surgeon users:
* This simulation includes demonstrations of the use of medical devices and is provided for information and educational purposes of healthcare professionals only. It does not provide medical advice and is not intended to be a recommendation from OrthoSensor, Inc. for any specific medical evaluation or treatment. It is not intended to be used as a surgical training guide. This simulation is an adjunct to, but not a substitute for, robust surgical training. It was designed to be an interactive experience for you to learn the key steps of a surgical procedure or to guide you through one. It is the responsibility of operating physicians to determine and utilize the appropriate medical device and surgical techniques according to their own clinical judgment for each of their individual patients. Before performing any procedure on a patient and using any medical device, including those demonstrated or referenced in this simulation, you should get appropriate accredited surgical training and review all relevant package inserts, with particular attention to the indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and instructions for use of the device. Not all medical devices depicted in this simulation may be available in your local market. Please contact your local sales representative or visit the company website for additional information.