Information Collected by Our Services
We collect information from you when you:
- Enter information on our Services, such as when you register for our Services, use our Services to send a message to someone else, or complete a form;
- Upload a document, image, or other data file on our Services
- Contact us; or
- Make a customer service request or attend one of our training sessions.
Information we collect about you may include your name, address, telephone number, email address or the information you enter on or upload to our Services.
Automatically Collected Information:
We and our partners automatically gather information whenever you visit, log in, or otherwise interact with our Services, including when you receive emails delivered via our Services. We and our partners use the technologies described below and similar technologies to gather this information to enhance and operate our Services in a number of ways, such as to:
- Save user preferences and information;
- Preserve session settings and activity;
- Authenticate users;
- Enable support and security features;
- Tailor the delivery of informational messages, media and other content; and
- Analyze the performance and use of our Services and its various features and content.
Even if you do not register with us or submit any information on our Services, we do automatically receive information about, and the software running on, the computer, mobile phone, or tablet (each, a “Device”) you use to interact with our Services in order to provide the Services to you.
Device Information: When you interact with our Services, we collect information about your Device such as the URL of services your Device is requesting and the referring web pages, your IP address, Device type, operating system, browser type, application identifier, and, under certain circumstances, the location information your Device sends to us.
Cookies & Similar Technologies: We and our partners collect information about you and your Devices through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. A “cookie” is a small data file sent from a website and stored on your Device to identify your Device in the future and allow for an enhanced personalized user experience based on your previous activity on the website. A “session cookie” disappears after you close your web browser, or may expire after a fixed period of time. A “persistent cookie” remains after you close your web browser and may be accessed every time you use our Services. We and our partners may use both session and persistent cookies on our Services. You should consult your web browser to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may not be able to use certain features of our Services.
Information from Other Sources:
We may receive or proactively gather information about you from other sources and add it to information we otherwise have about you for any purpose described in this Policy. This may include situations where a third party seeks to communicate with you through the Services.
How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Operating our Services and developing new functionality and features;
- Responding to questions and communications, or obtaining your feedback about our Services;
- Administering and logging your participation in educational and informational programs, including webinars and other classes, and any product or support matters that may arise from such programs;
- Providing you with more relevant content, including clinical support tools, assessments or medical-related information or services, patient support programs, advertising, or other programs appearing on our Services or third-party services;
- Analyzing usage trends and patterns and measuring the effectiveness of content, programs, advertising or the features or functionality of the Services, including emails that may be sent by us to you;
- Preparing reports for any of the purposes described in this Policy, including for current or future sponsors, advertisers or other partners to show utilization or trends about the use of our Services. Such reports may include demographic or other general user information, but will not include personally identifiable information unless the recipient has agreed to confidentiality obligations;
- Safeguarding and protecting our Services, the information we collect, and the rights of us, our users or third parties, and in response to legal process;
- When we otherwise have your permission.
How our Services Allow Users to Share Information:
One-on-One Communications: Our Services can be used to facilitate one-on-one communications between users and other persons. In any one-on-one communication, users are sending information to one another or to an individual or entity who may not be a user of the Services. Depending on the message, this could include the sharing of contact and other personally identifiable information.
Records: Our Services allow users to store personally identifiable and health information (“Records”), including Records that identify other individuals, including other users. Certain of our Services permit users to share all or portions of these Records at their discretion.
You should be aware that this Policy covers only the information you submit through our Services. If you contact or exchange information with another user in person or through a means other than our Services, such activity is not covered by this Policy. Because our Services enable users to share information you share with them, you should take care in selecting with whom you share your Records and other information. Although our Services process such transmissions, we are not responsible for the actions of persons with whom you share your Records and other information.
Emails and Other Communications: Our Services allow users to communicate with others through electronic communication channels. Communications that are sent by or on behalf of a user are indicated as being “From” that user. Additionally, we may communicate administrative or Service-related announcements through email or other communications within our Services. These communications may be “real time” communications or communications triggered automatically upon the occurrence of certain events or dates – such as a repeated sign-in failure or an appointment notification. Please note that you may not be able to opt out of receiving certain messages from us.
Sharing of Information
We may share information you submit to us with third parties under the following circumstances:
- When you choose to share such information through our Services, such as “one-on-one” communications between a provider and a patient or another healthcare provider;
- When your account has been issued by an account administrator with administrative rights over your account, your account administrator will have access to your account information;
- With third party service providers that have agreed to confidentiality obligations, which may include, as applicable, business associate contract obligations;
- To protect our Services, the information we collect, and the rights of us, our users, and any third parties, including to verify your identity;
- To detect, prevent, investigate, or address fraud, illegal activity, or violations of our terms and agreements;
- In response to legal process, such as a search warrant, court order, or subpoena, or when we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so;
- With our current and future subsidiaries or corporate affiliates or actual or potential investors;
- In connection with a potential or actual sale, merger, transfer, exchange, reorganization or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of all or a portion of the business conducted by our Services. If such a transaction occurs, the acquiring company’s use of your information will remain subject to this Policy, as may be subsequently amended;
- When we otherwise have your permission.
Third Party Services
This Policy applies only to our Services. It does not apply to services offered by third parties, including websites and other online services that our Services may display links to within the Services. When you click on such links, you will be visiting websites or interactive services operated by third parties, who have their own information collection practices and may also collect information through the use of the processes set forth herein. We do not have control over how any third party collects or uses information, so you should review their privacy policies to learn of their practices.
Changes to this Policy
Viewing and Updating Your Information
You may access the information you submit and are able to update it within our Services consistent with applicable law. You can do this by logging into our Services and updating that information, or contacting a customer support representative, although please be advised of the important limitations described below. Under certain circumstances, we may ask you to verify your identity before your request is processed.
Please note that, unless you have administrative rights over another user’s account, you are not entitled to access, update, or delete the content of another user’s account.
If you have used our Services to share information with another user or a third party, you will not be able to access, update, or delete that shared information. Further, if another user of our Services submits information that identifies you, you will not be able to access, update, or delete that information.
Certain users – such as healthcare providers – may be required under applicable laws or regulations to retain information about you for extended periods of time or indefinitely. Additionally, we may have independent obligations under applicable laws or regulations to retain such information indefinitely. Finally, for disaster recovery and business continuity purposes we retain copies of data stored by our Services for indefinite periods of time.
HIPAA grants patients certain rights to access and amend certain health information that their healthcare providers retain about them. Patients should submit requests to access or amend their health information directly to their healthcare providers.
If you have questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at: OrthoSensor, 1855 Griffin Road, Suite A-310, Dania Beach, FL 33004-2401 or at 888-75-ORTHO (67846).